What's everyone packing for Fest? (other than a half dozen black t-shirts)
- Any kind of Vitamin C supplement is a must. Haven't had Fest AIDs? Let's keep it that way.
- Caffeine supplements. Totally optional, but every year this saves me from terrible crashes. Helps keeps me alive during all the shows and drinking.
- Water is an absolute must! Stay hydrated!
- Clothing for cold/warm/hot weather. Here in Gainesville around this time of year it can get extremely cold or still be hot as hell. The last day of Fest 8, I believe it ended up being the 50s and everyone I knew was extremely sick.
- Socks! Socks! Socks! Your feet are going to sweat a lot. Whether you're riding a bike, walking around, or at shows non stop, it's going to happen. Change them! Besides the fact that it'll keep them from smelling like shit, it'll help prevent a lot of moisture from just soaking into your feet.
- U-Locks (if you're bringing your bike). Gainesville is extremely bike friendly and easy to commute (most of the town is grid system based, so back roads through neighborhoods can take you anywhere), but theft can be high. Lock that shit up!
- A VALID ID/Passport. It's more common than you think to see kids come down here ready for Fest, only to have their ID's rejected at most of the venues.
- A respectful attitude to the locals here. Gainesvillians love the Fest. It's extremely important to the shops and businesses. Just don't be an asshole. If a place has an "Out of Order" bathroom sign, dont start pissin on their front door.